District Industries Center
Introduction & Activities
The District Industries Centre, Dhenkanal has started functioning with effect from 01.08.1978 with the jurisdiction of undivided Dhenkanal district. After bifurcation of Angul District, the jurisdiction of DIC Dhenkanal was both Dhenkanal and Angul District till 31.12.1999. In Angul District a full-fledged DIC was opened with effect from 01.01.2000. As such the jurisdiction of DIC Dhenkanal is restricted to Dhenkanal District only. The DIC Dhenkanal is functioning in its own building at Mahisapat since the year 1994 with a patch of land measuring Ac 1.19 decimals.
DIC is functioning in the District for promotion of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises and Handicrafts & Cottage Industries.
A. PROMOTION OF MICRO, SMALL, MEDIUM
ENTERPRISE IN THE DISTRICT.
- Micro Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act-2006 of Govt. of India effected from 2.10.06 and in force.
- Enterprises are two categories.
a) Manufacturing enterprises.
b) Servicing enterprises.
i) Micro- Plant & m/c up to 25 Lakhs Equipments up to 10.00 Lakhs
ii) Small- 25.00 lakhs to 5 Crores. Rs.10.00 Lakhs to 2.00 Crores.
iii) Medium- 5.00 Crores to 10 Crores. Rs. 2 Crores to 5 Crores.
FOR SETTING UP OF ENTERPRISES;
DIC guides entrepreneurs in selecting preparation of Project Profile.
- Entrepreneur Memorandum to be filled with D.I.C by the entrepreneurs.
- E.M. Part-I before starting Investment by them.
- E.M. Part-II after starting commercial production by them.
- Filing of memorandum is mandatory in case of Medium manufacturing units.
- Entrepreneurs Memorandum forms are available at DIC or IPOs at Block levels.
- DIC issues acknowledgement of the Entrepreneur Memorandum to the entrepreneurs.
- No fees are charges for filing entrepreneurs Memorandum & issue of Acknowledgement.
- DIC to recommend for land/shed/loan proposal/power supply etc.
- For speedy issue of clearance , there is Single Window Clearance
Authority at Dist. Level under the Chairmanship of Collector as per Odisha Industries (facilitation) Act-2004 & Rules-2005, where in certain fees are fixed by Govt.
- DIC is the NODAL Agency for operation of Dist. Single Window scheme in the District.
- DIC is to forward the complete applications to the concerned Department within 3 days of receipt of application for issue of necessary clearances within stipulated time prescribed in the Rule.
- As per IPR -2007 effective from 2.3.07 Industries are getting various incentives like Interest Subsidy, E.D exemption, Stamp Duty ,Vat reimbursement/quality certification/Technical Know how fees reimbursement etc.
- DIC promotes Ancillary & Down Stream Industries, Cluster development programme of ancillary & down stream Industries.
- DIC deals as a Nodal Agency for the Large Scale Industries of the district.
- DIC promote industries through Prime Ministerís Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) from 2008-09 as per the guide lines of Ministry of MSME Govt. of India.
SSI UNITS PROPOSED TO BE PROMOTED IN DHENKANAL DISTRICT.
1. Cashew processing
2. Fly ash bricks
3. Chrome ore beneficiation
4. PVC pipes
6. Cattle/poultry feed manufacturing.
7. Computer data processing
8. Aluminum utensils /circles
9. Ground nut decortications
10. Spices grinding
11. Oil mill (Refined)
12. Rice Mill
13. Roller floor mill
14. Heater/stabilizer assembling
15. Detergent washing soap
16. Mechanised biscuits
17. Coal tar
18. Hard pitch
19. Off set printing press
21. Chlorinated paraffin wax
22. Tyre retrading
23. Polythin bags
24. Plastic disposable cup
25. Sof wire development
26. Corrugated card Board boxes
27. Ice slab
28. Hossiary garments
29. Mineral water
31. Cement products
32. Cold storage
33. Ayurvedic medicines
34. Homeopathic medicines
36. Transformer repairing
37. Plastic moulded goods
38. Hydrated lime
39. RCC spun pipe
40. Steel rerolling mill
41. Granite polishing
42. Cotton waste processing
43. Stone crusher
45. Marble cutting & polishing
46. Truck/Tractor body building
47. Automobile storage battery
48. Modernise dal mill
49. Bleaching powder
50. Sizing of cotton yarn
51. Paper cones
52. Servicing of light & heavy vehicles
53. Ferro cement roofing panel, water tank, concrete block, well ring,
54. Re-winding of motor, Repairing of Air cooler, Refrigerator,& other house hold appliances
55. Potacium dichromate & sodium solphate
56. Automobile Engg. repairing work shop
57. Power loom
58. Electrical panel board,switch board & Tube light fittings
59. Readymade garments (Export oriented)
60. Exercise book manufacturing.