Our quality Policy is :
Our Slogans are:
· Ideas won’t work unless you do.
· Excellence is not an act but habit.
· An investment in knowledge pays the best return.
· Laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes it.
· Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practices with courageous patience.
· No person can be great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the success of those under him.
· Patience and fortitude conquer all things.
· The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do.
· Lost time is never found again.
· District Administration, Dhenkanal has made a thought in mind that for giving better quality of service on public delivery system, various measures have been taken for effective implementation.
1. Finalization of Quality Manual and Quality objectives.
2. Finalization of Departmental Procedure & Objectives.
3. Internal audit training programme for key personals.
4. Carrying out internal audit of departments(scoped under ISO 9001)
5. Management review.
1. Distribution of egg under MDM programme is the first initiative of Dhenkanal District in the state which has been replicated in other district later.
2. Supply of pressure cooker to the WSHGs/PIAs under Mid-Day Meal programme is the first initiative of Orissa.
3. Entire PDS (Public Distribution System) has been managed by the WSHGs which is first in the State to reduce monopoly, black marketing & illegal hoarding of PDS commodities.
4. 600 water bodies has been handed over to the WSHGs for their economic growth .At the average of 10 in each SHG,minimum 6000 women are going to the benefited.
5. SAMPARK & KIOSK (Citizen Interface Counter).Services provided in Collectorate, Tahasil Offices, Block Offices, Tresury Office and R.T.O.Office by using IT technology for utmost transparency and information available on the finger tips of the citizen. This has maintained transparency, reducing corruption and enhanced citizen role, involvement and participation.
6. Efficiently in implementation of Govt.programme with an innovative mind and systematic intervention for desired impact and sustainability.
7. 7219 number of house site pattas has been distributed to landless families. Following by this State Govt.has replicated as BASUNDHARA for all the district.
8. District Resource Center “Samarthya” for differently abled persons has been opened in Dhenkanal which is the first initiative in the State, for single window clearance of their certificate councelling and other income generating activities.
9. Self Help Promoting Institute involving 9287 WSHGs has been constituted in Dhenkanal for which Dhenkanal District has been declared as SHG district.
It may be noted that this Collectorate is the second Collectorate in India to certify for ISO-9001-2000 for its commitment towards quality management system and first in eastern India. This certification has been achieved by this Collectorate within a period of three months.
ABOUT ISO 9001:2000 AND ITS RELEVANCE IN ADMINISTRATION
For any system to be effective, it needs to be well documented, continuously evaluated, commonly understood, implemented and upgraded. This requirement is specifically met by the ISO 9000 series of Quality System and standards introduced by International Organization for Standardization. The ISO 9000 standards are a set of international quality management standards and guidelines. Since their initial publication in 1987, they have earned a global reputation as the basis for establishing quality management system. This will facilitate a collaborative government environment and efficient service to citizens and business. In addition to this if practiced in spirit it will facilitate continuous improvement of the citizen centric services which will lead to good governance. The added advantage of the ISO 9000 Quality System Standards is the provision of Quality System Certification. In light of Right to information Bill and e-governance initiatives by government, the implementation has got special relevance as it will make the administration more information friendly and performance oriented and more focused towards common citizen.
Implementation of ISO 9001:2000 is not new to private and public sector organizations. Implementing it in government departments is definitely a innovative approach and it requires a committed leadership. In year 2000, the then prime minister of Malaysia Dr Mahathir Mohammad emphasized to implement ISO 9001 in all the Govt departments, administrations and Malaysian public services. The main objective of implementation of ISO 9001:2000 was to become the first to implement the e-government following the launch of its multimedia super corridor (MSC).
The following eight quality management principles form the basis for the quality management system standards within the ISO 9000 family: Customer focus, Leadership, Involvement of people, Process approach, System approach to management, Continual Improvement, Factual approach to decision making, Mutually beneficial supplier relationship.