DISTRICT RURAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY: DHENKANAL
The District Rural Development Agency came into existence by replacing erstwhile Small Farmers Development Agency w.e.f. 02.01.1980 and is Registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860 (No.XXI of 1860) bearing the Registration No. 18860/13 of 1981-82
Address/Location : At- Mahisapat
The DRDA is the principal organ at the district level to manage and oversee the implementation of different anti-poverty programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development. It is a supporting and facilitating organization which plays a very effective role as a catalyst in development process. Other objectives of DRDA are:
- To work as facilitator and supporting organization to the Zilla Parishads, providing necessary education and technical support in respect of different poverty reduction efforts.
- To interact effectively with various other agencies and co-ordinate with the line Departments, PRIs, Banks and their Financial institutions as well as Technical institutions with a view to gather support and resources required for poverty reduction effort in the District.
- To co-ordinate effectively with PRIs with a view to upgrade their understanding about handling of various programmes facilitating the PRIs to discharge their duties as a vibrant tool of socio-economic transformation of village community.
- To keep the Zilla Parishads, State and Centre duly informed of the implementation of the programmes through periodic reports.
- To oversee and ensure that the benefits specially earmarked for certain target groups (SC/ST, women and disabled) reach out to them quite timely.
- To take necessary steps to improve awareness regarding Rural Development and poverty alleviation particularly among rural people by sensitizing different functionaries in the District about different aspects of poverty alleviation programmes.
- Taking steps for convergence of all activities undertaken by different line Departments tailored for benefits of the village community.
- To undertake steps necessary and expedient for the smooth implementation of the various anti-poverty programmes and for devising ways for ensuring the benefits optimally reaching out to the ultimate beneficiaries.
- Actual execution of programmes is done by the blocks & Line Departments and the DRDA’s role is to facilitate the implementation of the programmes, to supervise/oversee and monitor the progress, to receive and allocate the fund to different executing agencies, to submit the progress reports to Government.
DRDA is to develop the capacity to build synergies among different agencies involved, for the most effective results.The Governing Body District Rural Development Agency, Dhenkanal has been functioning under the Chairmanship of President, Zilla Parishad, Dhenkanal and other members.
The Governing Body is providing policy directions & advisory notes, approving Annual action Plans, reviewing from time to time physical & financial progress under different Schemes implementedthrough DRDA.The Collector-cum-Chief Executive Officer provides effective leadership & guidance to PD, DRDA & other team members for successful planning, execution & monitoringof different schemes & programmes. PD, DRDA shoulders the responsibility of proper & timely planning & ensures achievement of desired goals under the Schemes.
|Administration||Addl PD ( Admn)|
|Finance||Addl PD (Finance)|
|Technical||Addl PD (Technical)|
|Monitoring & Evaluation||APD ( MIS)|
|Ruarl Housing||APD (Rural Housing)|
|OLM DPM-OLM||APD (Livelihood)|
|Capacity Building||APD ( Skill development)|
|1||Project Director(I/C)||Sri Dhirendra Kumar Sahu|| 06762-224506
|2||Addl. P.D.(Admn)||Sri Dhirendra Kumar Sahu||06762-224506|
|3||Asst.PD (Finance)||Sri Dhirendra Kumar Sahu|
|4||Addl PD (Technical)||Sri Ajaya Kumar Jena|
|5||Asst P.D.(MIS)||Sri Haramohan Biswal||06762-221041|
|6||sst.PD (Finance)I/C||Smt. Mousumi Mahunta|
|7||OLM Section DPM (OLM)||Smt Premasi Nayak|
|8||Programme Officer||Sri B.Mohan Rao|
|9||MGNREGS Coordinator||Miss Madhusmita Biswal|
|10||Asst. PD (Rural Housing)||Asst. PD (Rural Housing)||06762-225761|
|11||Asst. P.D. (Livelihood)||Miss Mousumi Mahunta|
|12||Asst. P.D.(Skill Development)||Miss Samapika Satapathy|
|16||DPM, e-Governnce||Sri Ashok Sekhara Samal|
|17||Computer Programmer||Pradeep Ku Sethy|
|18||Head Clerk||Sri Tusarkanti Mahakhuda|
|19||Sr. Steno||Smt. Pravati Mishra|
|20||P.A to ZP President||Shri Ananta Behera||06762-227494|
Programmes & Schemes implemented through DRDA:
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme( MGNREGS)
- Pradhamantri Awas Yojana ( PMAY-G)
- Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana ( BPGY)
- Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana ( BPGY- Mining)
- Nirman Sharmik Pucca Ghar Yojana ( NSPGY)
- DAY-National Rural Livelihood Mission(NRLM)
- Gopabandhu Grameen Jojana ( GGY)
- 14th Central Finance Commission Award
- 4th State Finance commission Award
- Ama Gaon Ama Bikash
|Name of the Block||Contact Number|
Click below to know about
MGNREGS Scheme (pdf)(248KB)
MGNREGS Progress Report (pdf)(126KB)
PMAY-G Scheme (pdf)(202KB)
PMAY-G Progress Report (pdf)(279KB)