What is Caste Certificate?
A Caste Certificate is the proof of one’s belonging to a particular caste, i.e. SC or ST.
Why it is needed?
Caste Certificate is needed for the following reasons.
- Reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Services;
- Waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges.
- Reservation of seats in Educational Institutions.
- Relaxation of upper age limits for applying jobs, etc.
Legal Frame Work
The Caste Certificate is issued under the provisions of The Odisha Caste Certificate (for Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes) Rules,
The persons whose caste finds place in the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 made under Article 341 and in the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 made under Article 342 of the Constitution of India and as amended from time to time.
- ST & SC Development Department, Government of Odisha.
- Revenue & Disaster Management Department, Government of Odisha.
How to apply?
- A person shall apply in Form– I affixing Court Fee Stamp of Rs. 3.00.
- As per orders of Tahasildar / Addl. Tahasildar, the RI will conduct field enquiry.
- Verify the land records of the applicant and submit enquiry report.
- Sometimes the Tahasildars / Additional Tahasildars may entrust the field enquiry to Revenue Supervisor.
- If required the Tahasildars / Additional Tahasildars may themselves conduct field enquiry.
- Copy of R.O.R.(Patta)
- Copy of Voter ID Card
The following shall be the competent authority for the purpose of issue of Caste Certificate under these Rules within their respective jurisdictions.
- District Magistrate / Collector.
- Additional District Magistrate.
- Sub- Divisional Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Officer.
- Executive Magistrates.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- All O.A.S., B.D.Os.
With whom to register complain ?
Any person aggrieved by an order passed by a competent authority subordinate to that of District Magistrate / Collector may prefer an appeal before the District Magistrate / Collector concerned and to the concerned Revenue Divisional Commissioner where the original order is passed by the District Magistrate / Collector, within a period 30 days of passing of such order.
Tahasil Office Dhenkanal, Bhuban, Gondia, Hindol, Kamakhyanagar, Kankadahad, Odapada, Parjang
Location : At all Tahasils | City : Dhenkanal | PIN Code : 759001