Legal heir Certificate
What is Legal heir Certificate?
Generally, if the head or a member of a family expires, the next legal heir of the deceased,like wife or husband, son,daughter,father/mother may apply for legal heir certificate.
Why it is necessary?
It is required for the following purposes.
- Sanction of family pension.
- Receiving Government dues such as Govt.Provident Fund, Gratuity and arrear salaries of the deceased employee of the State and Central Govt.
- Receiving non-statutory ex-gratia payment where the amount involved does not exceed Rs.50, 000/-
This Certificate is issued in form No.IV as per the Odisha Miscellaneous Certificate Rules, 1984.
Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Odisha.
Procedure to apply for Legal heir Certificate
A person shall apply in Form –I affixing Court fee stamps of Rs.3.00 in his/her native Tahasil.
Documents to be attached
- Death certificate of the deceased person.
- Service Book of the deceased employee.
- Copy of Ration Card. Copy of Voter ID Card.Copy of R.O.R.(if any stands in the name of the deceased person).
Revenue Officer (Tahasildar/ Additional Tahasildar, Sub-Collector, Collector)
With whom to register complain?
The applicant if aggrieved, may prefer an appeal within three months before the concerned.
- Sub-Collector; if order was passed by Tahasildar/Additional Tahasildar.
- Collector; if order was passed by Sub-Collector.
- Revenue Divisional Commissioner; if the order was passed by the Collector.
10 am to 5 pm in any working days.
Tahasil Office Dhenkanal, Bhuban, Gondia, Hindol, Kamakhyanagar, Kankadahad, Odapada, Parjang
Location : At all Tahasils | City : Dhenkanal | PIN Code : 759001